Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oh What a Day!

I put the word out; told my husband & the boys, blogged about it here, and called friends and told them! Yet, I could not find the will to get “it in.” I read inspirational blog after blog visited weight loss websites viewing tons of before and after pictures…yet and still uninspired. I watched video after video of people getting “it in” at varies stages of their weight loss journey; still for me I was not inspired to get “it in”….. I wondered, “Where is my aaah haaa moment?!”

As the day progressed I began to plan in my head a very nice pity party with all the fix’ns …you know filled with the woooo is me, and a huge unhealthy dosage of nobody knows. Visions of super salty, greasy high fat, and sugar loaded foods more like junk began to arrive at the party.

Then all of a sudden I began to think about my friend Jay and what she was doing. Jay was participating in the 5K Breast Cancer walk for a cure something that I have always wanted to do. I called Jay unknowing to her with tears filled in my eyes asking her how the walk went. She was so happy! She talked with so much enthusiasm about the brave women she met during the walk and the awesome amount of courage they displayed.

I am so proud of Jay; by her words a few months back she could not have completed the walk, but on yesterday she did!!

Then finally…….my faith released!! Halleluiah! I pulled out my Walk Away the Pounds DVD and Leslie, my baby boy, and I went on a thirty minute walk. Yes, I go “it in!” Oh, you asked how did the party end? I don’t know I left!! ;-) Have a blessed Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment